Quadra-Fire thermostat compatibility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cgrenier

Oct 31, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hi, I bought a second hand Mt Vernon E2 without the thermostat and am trying to figure what to use.

Researches leads to unconclusive informations: I thought it would work with any millivolt thermometer, but found some informations that it would work only with quadra fire thermostat since it would in fact act as more that a thermostat including parts of the logic of the stove.

Since there is a significant price difference between their wall controls and other thermostats I would rather make sure I'm forking money for a good reason.

Has anybody any real experience with other brand thermostat on a vernon e2 ? Works or not ? Feature loss ? Thanks in advance

I put the old from the house( not so smart) thermostat on my MT V and have had no issues. It’s a pretty simple set up.

I have a St Croix Prescott and I just bought a simple 2 wire thermostat with heat only, it’s on with heat or it’s off. I haven’t hooked it up yet but it seems pretty straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks gents for sharing your real life experience, further readings seems to make a distinction between Mt Vernon E2 and AE regarding thermostat compatibility. Some advanced features on the AE would supposedly explain why it is required to be connected to a genuine Quadra-Fire Wall control while E2 would be compatible with any millivolt TStat. I ordered a Skytech SKY-1001-THA and will try it for myself.