QuadraFire 1100-i Feeds Constantly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
In one word NO
Sounds like magic smoke has escaped the control box
Welcome to the forum here is a manual if you don't have one
I've had two Control Boxes in this stove for different reasons over the years and the constant feed have occurred with both.
This is one of the reasons why I asked and the other is that I've gotten the "Yes, that's normal" answer depending on who I ask.
Yesterday I had my annual service done and the Tech brought up this subject again.
I'd hate to spend nearly $500 on another non-returnable item if it yields the same result. Hence me coming here.

Thank you for the manual. I have this but didn't see where this specific question was answered. I'll look through it again.

Quads are a bit different than most stoves, it should feed pellets continuous till a fire starts. it will feed a few till the stove reaches a certain temp and if it is not hot enough it shuts down. if it reaches temp it will feed more pellets till it reaches it's run mode temperature then is will cycle/be rythmic. it is a very old stove and not many left in the wild;)

Reactions: ARC
The 1100-i will constantly feed pellets after it starts and reaches operating temperature at the thermocouple. The stoves after this model started the on and off cycle of the auger.