Quadrafire 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tedcrf450

Oct 25, 2010
NV
Purchased new in 1997. I went to fire up the stove for the first time this year and It acts like it doesn't have power. I checked the fuse, its good. Checked the thermostat is seems good. Still won't call for heat. If I play with the snap disc I can get the convection fan to come on but thats all.

Anyone have any ideas where to go next??? control box? Other snap discs?

Jump the terminals where the t stat connects to the stove and see if it calls for heat, If so wire or t stat is at fault

balls of fire said:
Jump the terminals where the t stat connects to the stove and see if it calls for heat, If so wire or t stat is at fault

x2 Good (easy) place to start.

I jumpered the thermostat, same results. Checked snap disc by auger seems ok, nothing changed when I pushed red thing in middle of disc. Still not calling for heat. No lights on control box (green or red).

Any more suggestions before control box??

Thanks for those who replyed.

With the stove off and unplugged, remove and reseat the control box, plug the stove back in and turn it on.

SmokeyTheBear said:
balls of fire said:
Have you checked the fuse?

According to the first post the fuse is ok.
Oops, my bad, guess I still haven't learned to read! No power at all would lead me to believe control box issues, either the fuse in the control box or it's just fried. Maybe take it to the dealer and have them try it in a floor model. Smell the control box, if it smells like burnt electrical its probably toast. Did you have it unplugged for the summer?

I hope it was unplugged all summer, I've seen and read about the power spikes that can take out your control board in a heart beat. You didnt mention surge protection or if its been unplugged. Often a good reset as mentioned above can kick it in, and since its a 97 model it might just need a good reset a few times to wake it up.

Good luck,

It was plugged in all summer :( I took out the control box and reinstalled it, same results. I didn't notice any smell to the box. My neighbor has the same stove so I will see if he will let me put my box in his stove to see if it works. It's not on a surge protector, but is on a GFCI outlet. Thanks for all of your help, but I think its not looking good for the box!! I will for sure unplug it for the summer time for now on.
Where is the cheapest place to buy new one?

Local dealer should have them on hand, MSRP is around $235. Not sure where you might find one cheaper without doing some research. good luck

I took the control box apart. There is a 2 amp fuse inside. It was blown. I replaced it. Stove calls for heat now. It just won't turn on the combustion fan. I tried my control box on neighbors stove same thing.

Local dealer has control box in stock for $237

Thank you to those who helped me figure this out. Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.