Quadrafire 1200i Starting Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow don that's awesome with pictures too thank you. One question when you say line cord what exactly is that and what connection on the auger do I touch.

75chev4x4 said:
Wow don that's awesome with pictures too thank you. One question when you say line cord what exactly is that and what connection on the auger do I touch.

Hello
Well I call it an AC Line Test Cord and others a suicide cord if you are not careful!! LOL

Here is how I made mine with pics.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/81242/

Then you have to reach into the right side of your stove and pull out the Auger molex connector. I used a coat hanger to get it!

Then pull the connector apart and connect the AC line test cord to the two black wires and then plug in the cord to see if the Auger runs ok.

See pic below:

Attachments

• Quadrafire 1200i Starting Problem
    CB1200AugerConnectorSC.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 192
I think on the 1200, there are four wires running to auger > black, red, white, white

75chev4x4 said:
Yea believe your correct black red and two white wires off the auger.

I also read in the service manual for it that, if you are going to jump the motor to see if it runs, you must put the capacitor jumper in the circuit too. I would assume that the original capacitor is down under the control box. It never really does show which two of the four wires (actually 3 since the two whites are wired together) you should apply power to.

Status
Not open for further replies.