Quadrafire 1200i thermocouple breaking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ndubya94

Jan 31, 2022
Frederick, MD
Hello all,

I've been using my quadrafire 1200i for 3 winters now and every winter i have the same issue: the thermocouple wire breaks.

I've gone through 3 now and don't understand what's going on, maybe I'm not buying a quality replacement? The last one i bought was directly from Quadrafire through amazon.

Without fail one of the twisted wires breaks when I move the thermocouple cover to the side for cleaning. For now I'm twisting the wires back together with lineman's pliers whenever it happens. This works well enough until no more wire haha. Anyone else experience this issue? I honestly don't know what else to do. I should mention that the thermocouple bracket did break two winters ago. That broke because of the heat, compromising the steel. I haven't bought a replacement bracket since I'm able to bend the wire and get the thermocouple in the correct position.any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bending the wire and not using the bracket puts stress in the wire and may eventually break it which is exactly the problem you're having. Might want to get the bracket.

Also I just use a chore boy to clean the cover. Gets it clean quickly and I dont have to remove it to do it.

You may also be surprised if you call around to local dealers. In my area their prices are very competitive with online vendors. It may end up costing the same to pick it up locally if you factor in shipping costs; which tends to be the case for me.

Reactions: Mt Bob