Quadrafire 2700 vs Regency 1100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud21

Dec 10, 2008
Central Indiana
I was all set to buy a Quadrafire 2700i and stopped by the local fireplace store today to check prices and she told me it would not fit my prefab fireplace. She recommended the Regency 1100 instead due to height restrictions. I have looked at the dimensions for both online and I still think that the 2700 will fit. The way she explained it her installers have not been able to put them into a prefab unit because there is not enough room (height) to attach the liner. I looked at the 2700 owners manual and it showed an adapter that you pulled in from inside the stove. The Regency looks too wide at the back to fit my needs but she claimed to have success at installing them. The fireplace is a TEMCO/Majestic 36 zero clearance.
Does anyone have any experience putting either of these units in a prefab ? I still think the 2700 will work but I dont want to buy and expensive fireplace I cant use. Here is what I have to work with.

Bud

Attachments

• Fireplace.JPG
    Fireplace.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 546
  • Fireplace 2.JPG
    Fireplace 2.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 451
Well Bud I just installed a Quadrafire 4100I into a Majestic Prefab Zero Clearance fireplace about 2 weeks ago. When I went to order the insert I took all the measurements and showed them to the dealer. They were worried about the heighth of my insert. Without the door assemby that I had on the fireplace I had about 1/4 inch more than the required height. I installed the insert myself along with a 6" SS liner with very little problem. The only problem I did have was connecting the liner to the insert once I put the insert into the opening to the proper depth because of being limited room for my arms and drill to attach the liner to the insert. I did connect the liner to a connector before dropping it down inside by chimney, so that the connection was just 2 self tapping screws to hold connecto to the insert. Bending the liner is not that easy, but with the 12" I.D. double wall chimney I already had for the prefab, gave me a little play room and did not have to bend much since connector swiveled to different angles. Definetaly worth the 40 dollars. The only other thing I can see is maybe the height of your wood mantel to where the top of the insert. Also how much heating do you want to do with the insert.

We put 2700i units in prefabs all the time, especially 36" ones. They work great. You use a COLLAR-QC (which is required for a 2700i) and you pull the liner in from the inside of the unit so you dont need any clearance on top. The collar twist locks onto the stove. I think her installers need to RTFM (Read the *** Manual) for the 2700i unit.

Sounds great. The quick connect seemed to fit the needs and according to the owners manual I could do the work from inside the insert and not have to worry about having enough space to attach it from the top.
Regarding the heating question with this unit I dont expect to heat the whole house with it but I should be able to keep living room, dining room, and kitchen all nice and toasty. Now I just need to start tracking down prices

Definately check around for prices. I called close to 10 different dealers, and all but one gave me the same price for my quad 4100 with cast iron surround except one. He was over $300 cheaper for the same thing. That is quite abit of a difference. Especially with money not going as far these days. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Can anyone give me some pricing information on the 2700. I see they have a sale going on now but the prices dont seem to be moving much, I was hoping for a spring sale price. Also where do I look for the best deals on a liner and insulation ?

The best price on a liner I found was through chimneylinerinc.com

There is the Cold Cash sale going on right now. We are still catching up a little and have more sales in the summer months. Not sure what other dealers do though. Sorry not a sales guy so I don't really do pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.