Quadrafire blower temp switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
My quad 4100i has the auto on off feature regulated by a temp switch located near the blower.

I like the fact that it shuts itself off at around 100 deg stove temp, but the problem, it doesn't switch back on until I push the stove to 600 or higher.

Bad switch maybe? Thoughts?

mine seems to be the same way, although I believe our's just needs to see extended periods of around 500 degrees before turning on.

Keep in mind when you measure 600 degree's, the area of where the temp sensor is located is not 600 degrees', most likely, much much lower.

Where are you measuring your temp's?

Mine seems to kick on at 400*

mine seems to be the same way, although I believe our's just needs to see extended periods of around 500 degrees before turning on.

Keep in mind when you measure 600 degree's, the area of where the temp sensor is located is not 600 degrees', most likely, much much lower.

Where are you measuring your temp's?

I measure mine on the front of the stove with a Rutland magnetic thermo. My thought, is that it actually reading cooler then the stove actually is, I may need to get an IR thermo

Its a timing thing. Where the switch is mounted it takes a little time for the heat to travel to. The faster you bring up stove temp - the higher you will be able to go before the switch gets all warm and fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.