Quadrafire Castile Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am having the squealing sound on my Castile insert. I can't tell if it is coming from the convection blower or the combustion blower, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those two. The squealing started right after I gave the stove its most thorough cleaning in its 3 year lifespan. I blew a lot of compressed air around the combustion and convection blowers. I wonder if that could have upset something that is now causing the squealing. I'd like to take the blowers out, but I haven't seen any instructions on how to do so. Is it intuitive, or are there some written instructions available somewhere?

Thanks.

I replaced both the combustion blower and igniter this year on my 2006 for the first time. The Castille performs and sounds now just like the day I turned it on for the first time. Overtime, that ash does get into that blower and they have to be swapped out. After eight years, I have no complaints... I think the blower was about $300. I am now using a Powersmith Ash Vac almost every day for two minutes to keep the ash down that builds up over time in your system. If I go another eight years on this blower, no complaints. Also, take off (unclip) the convection blower on the bottom at least once a year and grab your air compressor for a thorough air cleaning. Bearings are sealed here too but you won't believe the crap that will fly out of those fins!

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.