Quadrafire Castile Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raefid

Sep 29, 2014
ohio
Hello, i just ordered a Quadrafire Castile Pellet Insert for my home. I do not have a real fireplace. I had a propane fireplace with a false fireplace built around it ( 2x4, drywall, plywood, insulation). Now that I see what is behind the old propane insert I was not sure if I can still have an insert installed since there was no brickwork here. The vent pipe is out the side of the house. My opening is much larger then what i need so it will not touch wood or anything inside the framed out box.
fireplace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one, just installed it in a masonry fireplace. Look online for an installation manual, they are easy to find. It has the specs in there for clearance to combustibles and how to install.

Good luck!

You will probably have to install a zero clearance box to put it in check with your dealer.

Look at your manual that will come with your stove. Look at B. Clearance To Combustibles, UL and ULC for a 'built in'. It shows clearances to studs, where most measurements are 0". No mention that I found is made about a zero clearance box being necessary.

Not sure if needed but you may want to enclose the studs and insulation with a cement backerboard.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
You'll also need the proper exhaust system, of course. The propane version won't do.

Look at your manual that will come with your stove. Look at B. Clearance To Combustibles, UL and ULC for a 'built in'. It shows clearances to studs, where most measurements are 0". No mention that I found is made about a zero clearance box being necessary.
I wasn't sure either that's why I said ask your dealer but thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.