Quadrafire Ceramic Blanket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearth Supporter
Nov 27, 2006
Every time I clean my Quad 5700, the ceramic blanket that sits above the baffle inside my stove gets a little more beat up. I cleaned the stove this weekend and the blanket got pretty torn up trying to reinstall it. Do I need the blanket? If so, is there another product that would hold up better to removing and reinstalling during cleaning?

Thanks,

Jim

I saw some ceramic spun material on ebay for a good price. I also googled the blanket stuff and found it available in 24" X 20 ft X1" thick rolls . Much more than you`ll ever need but sharing it with a couple folks could get yours cheaper than buying one piece from a stove shop.

The blanket is tucked up on the baffle and is difficult to remove and install. It's got to fold and bend to go in and out. That's where it's getting torn. It doesn't hold together well at all.

Thanks,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.