QuadraFire Classic Bay 1200 cleaning (pellet backup)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moey

Minister of Fire
Jul 12, 2012
Southern Maine
Been having some problems with a lazy flame and pellet backup in the burn pot, as well as not much heat. I finally decided to tear everything apart and give a good cleaning, although it had only been about 20 bags since I last did I was hoping I would discover something.

What I discovered was a secret door on the front. Well its not a secret but I never opened it before it was access to the bottom of the burnpot and igniter. I saw the trap door into the ash pan did not close very well it had a significant gap and would not tuck under the little latch. I rebent it and while still not a perfect fit its about as good as metal on metal can seal. There was also loads of ash which had to be impacting the air flow.

The difference was night and day not even the same sound when running.

Hopefully this helps someone so they dont have to spend the day tearing everything apart when they could have just unscrewed the secret door and cleaned.

Proper air fuel mixture really helps combustion. Just saying.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.