Quadrafire Explorer installed today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticmotif

Oct 13, 2016
Middle Tennessee
Ri7W4lx.jpg

Took the day off and installed my new Quad to replace an ancient Dynamic Stoveworks insert. I've still got some brick cleaning to do, but I'm pretty happy. I cut around 10" from the center of the mortared-in-place damper last weekend in preparation for the install. That was a job.

I think some of my liner insulation metal mesh hung on something while we pushed the liner down my 13x13" terracotta. It's about 10" pushed up from the appliance connector. The only other hitch was the stove only came with two leveling screws. A quick trip to Lowe's for some square bolts and hex-head nuts fixed that easily enough.

I have two things left to do! I need to remove my two piece block off plate and stuff some fireproof insulation around the liner and reinstall. Then I'll fire cement the appliance connector to the stove. All in all, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

Reactions: chance04
Looks great in there. I lightened up the pic a bit so that the stove can show better.
Ri7W4lx.jpg

Reactions: chance04
Status
Not open for further replies.