Quadrafire MT Vernon AE Hearth Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mazcrumple

Jun 17, 2011
Central Jersey
Here are a few pictures on my pellet install. I'm renovating the basement, the stove is actually sitting where the toilet used to be.
Grout is still wet in the pictures because I couldnt wait to install the stove! All I have to finish is the limestone ledge at the top of the wall stone. First time ever doing something like this, and its actually not too hard, just takes time and patience.

IMG_20111013_203727.jpg

IMG_20111202_220440.jpg

IMG_20111204_003552.jpg

IMG_20111213_082251.jpg

IMG_20111214_155859.jpg

mazcrumple said:
Here are a few pictures on my pellet install. I'm renovating the basement, the stove is actually sitting where the toilet used to be.
Grout is still wet in the pictures because I couldnt wait to install the stove! All I have to finish is the limestone ledge at the top of the wall stone. First time ever doing something like this, and its actually not too hard, just takes time and patience.

:) Impressive !!!! Very nicely done!!! :)

Looks excellent!

Ray

very nice !!

where did you get the stone ??

I got the stone locally at a stone center in Bridgewater, NJ. The hearth is just 18" x 18" Limestone squares that I cut, and the wall is Chardonnay Rustic Natural Ledgestone made by Natural Stone Solutions. I was nervous about getting natural stone because they are much heavier than artificial veneers, and the back of the stones are smooth as glass. I thought they were going to give me trouble sticking on the wall, but it was no problem at all. I finished putting the ledges on today, I'll post a new pic once I grout them all.

mazcrumple said:
I got the stone locally at a stone center in Bridgewater, NJ. The hearth is just 18" x 18" Limestone squares that I cut, and the wall is Chardonnay Rustic Natural Ledgestone made by Natural Stone Solutions. I was nervous about getting natural stone because they are much heavier than artificial veneers, and the back of the stones are smooth as glass. I thought they were going to give me trouble sticking on the wall, but it was no problem at all. I finished putting the ledges on today, I'll post a new pic once I grout them all.
Is it me or are the people that work at the stone center unfriendly?

Everyone I dealt with at the stone center seemed pleasant enough, but other people I know have had bad experiences. I actually bought bluestone squares for the hearth originally, but after laying everything out I realized that limestone would be a much better color match for the wall and stove. Even when I went back to return the stones it was a smooth transaction. They definitely arent cheap though, but they had everything I wanted in stock. The only thing I can really complain about is that the boxes of wall stone were full of mud and sand. I had to wash each stone individually and let them dry out before I could start the install. Maybe thats how they come from the factory, but I think its likely that these boxes were underwater in their warehouse since that area is very prone to flooding.

Looks fantastic . . . big fan of the stacked stone look.

That's some nice stone work!

Status
Not open for further replies.