1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

quadrafire mt vernon convection fan not staying on long

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Kara, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Kara

Kara New Member

I have a quadrafire mt vernon stove. It sat for a few years not being used cause it wasn't working. After doing some work on it including, changing the thermal couple, replacing snapdisk #1 and 2 and cleaning the system everything is working. However the convection blower is only staying on for 10 seconds and then shutting off. It won't stay off for long, only 10 seconds, then start again. But it's doing this on any setting I put it on. If it's on setting 4 it'll stay on for 15 seconds. But still on and off. Anyone got any idea's?? Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Welcome to the forum Kara.

About your stove problem.

Is the snap disc that controls that fan firmly attached to the stove?

Are the connections tight on that snap disc?

Is the wiring to the convection fan also connected properly?

How confident are you working on 120 volt electrical circuits?
  3. stovelark

stovelark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Hello, bypass snap disk 1, that will put convection blower on. If blower runs and shuts off still, I'd suspect the blower or wiring. Blower could be shutting down thermally. Put power directly to motor, that takes control board out of the loop. Sounds like a blower issue. Good luck.

Stovelark
    Enviro EF3 FS pellet
    Enviro Empress FPI AC pellet
    Enviro 1700 Kodiak FS wood