Quadrafire Santa Fe Dead Door Magnets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Both door magnets on this Santa Fe have no magnetism!

Do you think any of these from AC Moore or Home Depot below might work?

Click pics below to enlarge

Attachments

• SantaFeDoorMagnet (1sc).JPG
    SantaFeDoorMagnet (1sc).JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 270
  • SantaFeDoorMagnet (2)scra.JPG
    SantaFeDoorMagnet (2)scra.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 246
I can send you a piece of a hard drive magnet that will probably re-energize that one or you can just leave it stuck to the factory one because they are skinny. If you have any old or junk hard drives they are worth taking apart and removing the two magnets. I can tell you how to get the backing off the magnet. Use caution with them because two will cause a nasty blood blister.

The only magnets I have seen lose there magnetism, are magnets thats were overfired (got to hot).

Does the stove show any signs of overfire? How old is this Quad?

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I noticed one new quad with a bum magnet Dex. I think they had a run of poor magnets. I fixed the one I ran across with a piece of hard drive magnet because they are really thin.

I noticed one new quad with a bum magnet Dex. I think they had a run of poor magnets. I fixed the one I ran across with a piece of hard drive magnet because they are really thin.

Keepin my eye out for an old Hard Drive now ;)

Thanks for the tip..

Hello

The Home Depot super magnets with a washer seem to work fine! Just removed the old magnet and housing and put the new magnet and washer on with the same screw but no housing.

The MFG date is Aug 2005. Other than the magnets and a bad fuse it runs great!

Attachments

• HomeDepotMagnet&Washer.jpg
    HomeDepotMagnet&Washer.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 209
Find one dex. After the two magnets snap together they are almost impossible to pull apart without sliding them. I use them for multiple things... if nothing else someone always thinks they are 'bad' enough to mess with both of them and ends up with a blood blister or really bruised skin. I watched one moron snap one on his year old trucks paint and thought he could pull it off. He ended up sliding it across the paint to get it off. DUUHMY.

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.