1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Quadrafire snap disc #2

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Lesley, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Loc:
    Groton, MA
    No idea how to remove this. Have tried pulling and turning but it will not come out. Anyone know how to remove it so I can replace?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Which Quad do you have and what makes you think something is wrong with the snap disc?
  3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    There usually are two tabs with screw holes in them that go against the location the snap disc is located, you need to remove the screws and the snap disc will come out of its location. No twisting required.

I think they got things narrowed down to a bum snap disc in another thread mralias.
  4. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

I have 3 quads right now and sold a CB1200 Fs last year. They all have the mini snap discs. There are just 2 screws and they pull out. Sometimes they are stuck a little. What model do you have and what is your issue? It may not be a snap disc.
  5. SwineFlue

SwineFlue Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Pa
    Appears to be already solved... http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/quadrafire-castile-new-problem.108129/
  6. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Ahhhh the other thread. Thanks Smokey.