QuadraFire vs Pacific Energy Warmland Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis

Jan 18, 2013
Hi, We're new to pellet stoves. Since our propane stove just started spewing gas into our house during the coldest month of the winter, we have decided to change fuel, and get a new stove. We live in an isolated rural area (several types of local and less-local pellets are available). There are two dealers in town who sell pellet stoves. One sells, services and installs quadrafire stoves and one sells but does not service or install Pacific Energy stoves and has the relatively new line of Warmland Pellet stoves. I am trying to figure out which stove to go with...quad classic bay or the warmland one. I have seen some chatter online about quads being prone to problems and needing lots of maintenence and since we are new to these stoves, this could be a hassle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, any info about the Pacific Energy Warmland stoves out there? Thanks.

Pacific Energy Warmland is a heck of a unit. But dead in the water without service if needed. If you aren't handy with gadgets go with the unit that has the best service, Quads are good units and Many members here own quads and will vogue for them.

Remember a pellet unit isn't anywhere near the set and forget of the gas device you are looking to replace. They need regular cleaning, a watchful eye, and must be fed by you.

Thanks for the input. We have done quite a bit of research about fuels and are excited to try pellets. We have heated with wood before and are ready to commit to the care and feeding of a pellet stove. I really want the Warmland unit, but am nervous about the service aspect. I saw one running and it was really quiet and warm. My husband is worried that a quad will be too noisy and we don't have one we can go look at...anyone having noise problems with a quad classic bay?

I don't know about any of the other units but I have a Quad CB1200. Don't know about about the "prone to problems". Have had a couple of issues but not what I would call problems.
They do make some noise but not as much as the circulation fans I have. As far as maintenance, I have found the 5 min a day and 1/2 hour once a week to be a lot less than when I was burning wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.