Quakertown Stove Company - Any Ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

darryd86

Oct 5, 2011
Cecil Co., MD
New to this site, but signed up for a particular reason. My wife and i just purchased our first home. Being novice and young we didn't think to ask to many questions. To get to the point is the fireplace in the house. The kitchen has a wood burning stove we use regularly, but the living room has a cast iron insert, at least that what i am lead to believe. The base has the wording "Quakertown Stove Co. Philadelphia, PA". It also has in the midsection "Lombard insert" stamped on it. Last, the foot pedal (or at least i think its a pedal, wraps above base about 6" above ground" has "1884 N.B." stamped on it. We have been trying for the life us to figure out its 1) age, and 2) if that it the real manufacturer of the piece. I say piece because it has many intricate details, even clay ceramics embedded. It has about "doors" that you can open to get to all parts of it.

Any thoughts? I would be more then happy to send photo's to anyone who might be able to help!

Welcome darryd. Is this an old stove? There was a Quakertown Stove Works in Philly in the late 1800s-1920's.

Can you post a picture or describe the style? Is is arched or rectangular?

Status
Not open for further replies.