Question about a draft induction kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brant_brooks

Hearth Supporter
Dec 17, 2009
Ohio
I have a Vogelzang 2500 add on furnace and recently bought a DK-50 draft induction kit. The kit came with install instructions, but no operating instructions. I am looking to know the proper way to use the furnace now that it has the draft kit on it. For instance, do I need to leave the draft door damper (on the door to the ash pan) cracked open? Thanks for helping this newbie out!

Your forced draft is made where when the house temps drop below a set point on the thermostat it will kick on the blower, ramp the fire then shut off. The problem is its a poor design and doesn't work all that well. The side of the draft blower can be partially open, or fully open if you like. It will give the fire some extra oxygen which is good. DON'T leave the ashpan door cracked open unless you want to overheat the furnace. If your new with it don't fill it up until you get some experience with the furnace. Once you get the control of it, then you can load it up if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.