Question about hard wiring blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilistooexpensive

Oct 8, 2012
New to the forum, but found you guys while doing some research on a stove I just purchased. I recently decided to buy a wood insert and went with the new Avalon hybrid-fyre large flush wood insert. My question is in regard to the blower. I want to hard wire, but I'm not sure how this is accomplished. Can I run a j-box down the chimney into the back of the firebox ? If so, should I put in an outlet to plug in the unit, or just use the wiring kit. Any answers you can provide would be a huge help.

Also, if you can post any pics/ videos of electrical work inside the firebox, I would be very appreciative.

The wiring won't survive the heat in the chimney. Nor would an outlet inside the fireplace firebox. I just had an outlet crumble from the heat in the attic. As to plug in appliances, fire codes require that a plug attached appliance have the plug accessible in the same room as the appliance.

In a week or two she won't even notice the blower cord.

The wiring won't survive the heat in the chimney. Nor would an outlet inside the fireplace firebox. I just had an outlet crumble from the heat in the attic. As to plug in appliances, fire codes require that a plug attached appliance have the plug accessible in the same room as the appliance.

In a week or two she won't even notice the blower cord.

Even with a full reline and insulation ? Why would a manufacturer even include a wiring kit if it's too hot in the firebox ?

I would dare say they didn't include a kit for running it all the way down a chimney. Most insert wiring hard wired is run down through an existing ash dump to the basement. Under the insert which is the coolest point.

Give the manufacturer a call and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.