Question about Harman F200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ianparcher

Mar 15, 2021
Westchester, NY
Hello everyone, just picked up and installed a lightly used Harman Exception Model F200. Insert is from 2004 and the brick, afterburner and afterbuner hood are in perfect shape. Looks like it was never over fired.

I installed a insulated flue liner thats about 17'. When this baby in in AB mode with it lit, WOW.

So, the question I have is... When I want to dial down the heat but run some damp wood.Can I put it in bypass (damper open) and use the air control to prevent over firing?

thanks

Last edited:
It's best to set the damp wood aside for another season or if it must be burned to mix it in with known dry wood.
This stove is ok to burn with the bypass open if necessary, but then most of the heat will be heading up the flue and efficiency will plummet.

Last edited:
It's best to set the damp wood aside for another season or if it must be burned to mix it in with known dry wood.
It's ok to burn with the bypass open on this stove if necessary, but then most of the heat will be heading up the flue and efficiency will plummet.

Thanks for the info. The wood i'm burning is about 9 months seasoned. Haven't gotten a moisture meter yep but will. I can keep the AB running no problem at mid air settings. But, during the day mid settings are just too warm (house is at 80 deg outside temp 40 deg or so lol) Last night it was 25 deg and I kept it at mid through the night and the AB didn't skip a beat. Like you said the wood is still to damp fow low air with the AB engaged. thanks again.

Some shots!

IMG_9157.jpeg IMG_9160.png IMG_9161.jpeg IMG_9168.jpeg IMG_9057.jpeg Question about Harman F200

Last edited: