Question about Insulation Inside Lopi 1750i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt_85

Oct 21, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama
Ok, so when I picked up my stove from the dealer several weeks ago the guy who loaded on my truck obviously had no idea what he was doing when it comes to operating a fork lift.

I have since learned that he doesn't have much of a clue about anything, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, the issue I had last night is that I had to re-arrange all the bypass, firebrick, and firebrick support components to make everything fit right because they has shifted around when the stove was put on my truck.

So I've got everything to fit like the picture below that came out of the manual, but I've got a couple of issues. Now I know that this picture is probably not exact, becaues they were just trying to show the principle behind using the bypass, but I still wanted to ask the questions here.

1) My major concern is that there is insulation at the back and around part of the sides of the bypass plate. During my efforts to make the bricks fit right, I noticed that part of this insulation is exposed inside the firebox. Will this stuff catch fire? Is it ok to be exposed?

2) Also, at the back of the bypass plate, should this insulation be under the plate or should it be between the back of the plate and the wall of the firebox? I'm thinking the plate needs to sit on top of the insulation because right now I have the insulation between the plate and the back wall and there is a slope in the bypass plate that you can't really see, but you can feel when operating the control rod.

3) This picture shows much more clearance between the top of the firebrick and the top of the stove, which also means it shows a longer "L" portion of the bypass control rod. I hoping this is a scale issue and something that should not be worried over, but anyone else have a Lopi Republic 1750i that can chime in?

I'm probably way over thinking all of this stuff, but let me know what ya'll think. Thanks.

Attachments

• Lopi Stove Drawing.png
    Lopi Stove Drawing.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 145
There should be a picture of all the firebox parts with part numbers in the manual and where they go. Go by that picture. Not the one you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.