Question about the Harmon Status light 4 blink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the stove out to clean the ESP today, everything went smooth UNTIL I went to do a test burn. got the 4 blink, pulled it back out to check connections, they appeared to be good. Is it possible that if the probe got stepped on could that have damaged it? Not sure it happened but all worked first burn of the season.
I unplugged both wires and put my volt meter to ohm it and never got a beep sound, don't even know if you should really, just trying everything I could think of.
Any info/advice would greatly be appreciated...

Are you trying to run in room temp? If so, try running in stove temp. My stove goes into 4 blinks every time the wireless thermostat is satisfied. I have it hooked up in series with the room probe so the stove thinks the room probe is disconnected when the wireless thermostat is satisfied.

Are you trying to run in room temp? If so, try running in stove temp. My stove goes into 4 blinks every time the wireless thermostat is satisfied. I have it hooked up in series with the room probe so the stove thinks the room probe is disconnected when the wireless thermostat is satisfied.

Yes I get the 4 blink in room temp, stove burns fine when stove temp is selected. My question really is, is it common for these room temp sensors go bad? Owners manual mentions the 4 blink as " no sensor hooked up or sensor failure". I just can't believe I screwed it up, was very conscious to the thing when pulling the stove out & putting it back in.

Thanks

I think you may be confusing the two sensors. The ESP is the sensor that is in the exhaust air path. The room temp sensor is the one hooked to the back of the stove and is on the end of a wire. Which sensor did you clean?

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Four blink is a room sensor error. You might have forgot to attach a wire, blue to the control board.

Eric

I think you may be confusing the two sensors. The ESP is the sensor that is in the exhaust air path. The room temp sensor is the one hooked to the back of the stove and is on the end of a wire. Which sensor did you clean?

Should have more clear, sorry! I pulled stove to clean ESP but once done cleaning and with stove reinstalled, I got the 4 blinks for my room temp sensor. In Oct. I burned it once on "Room Temp" with no issues, now after pulling stove I am having issues. I double even triple checked connections and they look good.
I just hope it is the room temp sensor, because I was very careful in pulling stove out, because of the wires

Status
Not open for further replies.