Question about woodstock fireview?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
I recently posted how that i decided to purchase a second stove for the front part of our home on really cold nights ,the stove at the back part of the house just can't mantain the temps my wife and kids have gotten use to, I'am going to purchase the woodstock fireview, all the top reviews, the looks and most of all these long burn times some of the owners of these stoves are getting, some of the questions i have are . I seen on there website they are offering three hundred dollars off until march 30, will this be best time to purchase one or will they have a better sale in the spring? The other question i have is how long does it take to get your stove , Is there a waiting list or do they make them has they are ordered?

Welcome to the club. They pretty much have a sale going on all year long. Seems like I see anywhere from $300-600 and it probably depends on how busy they are or if they have some extra inventory. It took me about 3 weeks to receive mine 5 years ago, probably best to just ask them how far out they are.

I doubt very much if they would have a sale offering more dollars off until perhaps next winter. I say take the $300 along with the tax credit you will get and be happy with a wonderful new stove.

We could have had delivery within 2 weeks or perhaps sooner when we bought 3 years ago but we instead delayed the delivery as much as we could simply because we was not going to install the new stove until the following summer. It worked out great for us.

To the sale prices - it seems they have had different sale prices running for the last year (at least since I've followed them). I expect this is due to the economy; like every other business they must be feeling it and folks clearly are looking to save. Watch the shipping prices too - if you aren't picking it up yourself they seem to have changing deals there too. I don't think that you can predict what they will do with regard to either the stove or shipping prices - it wouldn't be a good business move on their part to be too predictable there now unless they have over-demand issues they are trying to level off... However, I would bet that whatever the economy the lowest demand for stoves must be in the spring/early summer so that would seem to be the most likely time for any stove company to have the greatest discounts available. The federal credit is good all year so you can afford to be patient a bit there.

Now to delivery time - again it is probably a matter of how busy they are. We asked for a delay as I wanted to get my old stove out and the pad built before it arrived. They did the best they could for us holding it for over a month. If you have a more custom build it does take longer - i.e. we picked out the stone (visited the factory - was a good move on my part selling the whole deal to the wife as she liked choosing the stones), and also had the door put on the left side instead of the default right. Even so they would have had it ready to go out within two weeks. We live so close that the shipping was literally next day after they loaded it (again sort of worked against me as I was behind on building the pad - isn't that always the case?). To find out how long it will take ask them - you will likely be surprised at just how open they are about the process. Oh - and don't forget your connector pipes, if you buy from them they will paint to match your stove at no extra charge and it does help make for a sharp install (and I don't think it added anything to the shipping).

Status
Not open for further replies.