Question for any Mini-A Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LI-Mini-Owner

Nov 22, 2007
Long Island, NY
If someone has has a few minutes, I'd like to confirm that my Mini auger on/off times are correct. I'd like to know the measured on and off times for both heat level 5 (Hi) and level 1 (low). Please note down the Feed Rate Trim setting (which light is NOT on when pressing the Feed Rate Button.

Backstory:

I upgraded my Mini to a Mini-A control board a few years back, along with newer burn pot. My control board, model 50-1929 is configurable for many feed rates to match many models of stoves. The configuration instructions are not so clear, but I do think that it set for the "default" which should cover the Mini. By comparing someone's measured numbers to what I get, I can confirm that I'm not over-firing.

See p mini-board.png icture of control panel

Thanks -

looks like:

Setting 1: on 3.0 sec- off 8.5= 11.5 sec for 1 complete on/off cycle
Setting 5: on 3.0 sec- off 1.07= 4.07 sec for 1 complete on/off cycle

Thanks Delta - Those are the same times that I get.

make sure you're getting that .07 seconds....I'd use a digital chronometer if I was you ;).

just checked mine on feed 3: auger green on for ~2.5, off for ~2.5

3 should be on for 3.0 and off for 4.07 total cycle of 7.07 sec...assuming you have everything left at the factory default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.