Question for the Harman boys on cleaning day!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox103

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2011
Littleton, NH
Today was cleaning day for my Harmon P38 and P68. Been doing it for 4 years, so I have it down pretty good. Got the 68 done first and then did the 38. I just happened to look where the air wash is and I could see quite a bit of ash down there. I have never cleaned, or probably didn't know it was necessary. With my stove vac attachments I have an adapter that shrinks the hose down to 3/8 inch. I was able to wiggle the hose into the chamber and get everything cleaned out.

So, went back to the 68 and looked at that glass wash. The holes are much smaller, so there is no way I could get the vacuum hose in there. So, I am guessing the only way to clean that chamber is to go through the 1" pipe feeding the wash. If that is the case, I won't be doing it until the annual cleaning. The only other solution, that I can see, would be to enlarge one of the holes. That way, like the 38, I can wiggle the small vacuum hose into the chamber.

How do you Harman 68 guys clean that chamber?

thanks

Tom C.

I have never cleaned mine? Or looked in there in a while either.

Never noticed anything in there, but sometimes I will just use the end of the hose on my shopvac and create a seal around several holes. That should get loose ash out of there if there is any.

Same here, I never noticed or cleaned one until yesterday. I just happened to look in there on the P38 and there was a pile of ash.

Tom C.

Status
Not open for further replies.