Question identifying older fireplace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jking6

Nov 7, 2013
Ohio
Hello Everyone,
Ive been searching the internet to no avail trying to identify my fireplace insert! I have found this unit for sale several times but no-one seems to know the make of it! I figured someone here would be an expert on identification!
As you can see in the pictures, Its older, has two blowers on the side, and is surrounded by black tile. I have seen these with slate instead of tile. I have searched the unit endlessly and cant find a manufacturer! Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Stay toasty!!!

Attachments

• stove insert picture 2.jpg
    stove insert picture 2.jpg
    817 bytes · Views: 269
  • Insert picture.jpg
    Insert picture.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 462
Reactions: Jking6
Thanks Webbie!
It does look similar. Quite a bit larger though. Its funny because your right, not much heat haha. We originally had a fireplace there and our house is 70+ years old so this insert is considerably more efficient than the open fireplace. We paid $100 for it three years ago and feel as though its saved us considerable amounts of wood. I would like to upgrade one day when the $$ is there. Maybe get a nice Lopi or something. I feel when it comes to inserts, you get what you pay for..

Status
Not open for further replies.