Question on combustion blower???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-mac02

Dec 21, 2013
New York
hey guys I just have a quick question about the combustion blower. I thought the igniter was going bad in my p43 which I have had for like going on 3 years, but I just gave it a full cleaning and I could see the little ambers coming out of the firebox under the pellets but it wasn't igniting to a full flame. Could the combustion blower be going bad and not sending enough of a draft up thru the bottom of the burn pot?

I would suspect that the draft is not as it should be and maybe air is sneaking in from somewhere else such as door gaskets etc. Maybe the venting needs to be cleaned but you said you just cleaned the stove but no mention of the exhaust etc. Did you have the stoves draft tested when installed? Another possibility is that maybe the holes in the burn pot need some attention.

Has the igniter box been cleaned well too? I assume it has since you did a thorough clean. I've read where some here have had to brush off or clean the igniter. Possibly the rope gaskets as Bio mentions. Try fluffing those up and reshaping them to see if things improve. Never say never but the stove being 3 years old you shouldn't be having issues...... Yet. Good Luck and let us know what you find. From what I have read and seen the combustion blowers last awhile on these stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.