Question on Lopi Leyden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lebondj1

Nov 12, 2010
E.TN
Does anyone know where the circuit board is that the thermostat connects to? The owners manual shows the connection to it but doesn't show the parts breakdown for me to know where it is. Is it behind the control panel?

Hello Doug

I own the big cousin stove, the Avalon Astoria however the control panels are almost the same.

So my educated guess is that the Thermostat connector lugs are on the back side of the control panel just like mine.

I also suggest a thermostat made for a pellet stove with a "Swing Temp" setting like the skytech for best results

More info on thermostats for the Avalon Astoria.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/61059/

Attachments

• LLControlPanel.jpg
    LLControlPanel.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 271
  • LLCtrPnlBack.jpg
    LLCtrPnlBack.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 275
  • PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection240sc.jpg
    PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection240sc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 225
Thanks Don222. That is what I suspected but didn't want to take anything apart unnecessarily. I was going to use the thermostat that came with the stove.

Lebondj1.

Don2222 is correct. The control board where the thermostat connects is on the left side (where the external control buttons are).

Unless Travis Industries has improved their thermostats, they are a low end unit.

I would recommend a programable unit with adjustable swing ( as Don2222 also suggested).

We are using a rite-temp purchased at The Home Depot. Would rather have a Skytech, but it works fine.

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.