Question on Mansfield door.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
OK so this is my first season with my stove and I have perhaps a stupid question. When I close the door on my stove it seems to be just slightly off line. In order to close and lock it I lift the handle up (opposite direction) that bumps the locking mechanism into place and lifts the door a smidge, then turn completely (the correct direction) to lock. It this something anyone else has run into or knows of a way to correct? I am sure there is a door adjustment somewhere but dont want to screw anything up. Any help would be appreciated.

That certainly does not sound normal. Hopefully someone who has a Hearthstone stove will chime in here. At least we can bump this to the top to get more answers.

No real way to adjust the hinges on a Mansfield that I'm aware of. I would try a washer or two under the bottom door boss thingie between that and the boss on the stove itself. You got a great stove by the way. Enjoy it.

Thanks, good (well not good, but you know what I mean) to know I am not alone. I will speak to the store that I purchased it at to see what they say and then will pass the info along.

shawneyboy said:
Thanks, good (well not good, but you know what I mean) to know I am not alone. I will speak to the store that I purchased it at to see what they say and then will pass the info along.

I would appreciate that. Mine did it since I bought it. Excitement made me not worry about it for the first season, but now it drives me nuts. Any info you find, please fill me in. The shop I bought mine from..... Well... I will never go back let alone ask them for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.