1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Question on pellet usage

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Marster, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marster

Marster New Member

Loc:
    S. Central Pa
    I have a Breckwell p23. Had it installed in Jan. So far the stove has been great. Cleaning is done weekly to side doors, heat tubes, burn pot and firebox. I clean the burn pot everyday as well as every 3 days I just clean the firebox area.

My guestion is besides turning the blower up, what would cause the unit to use more pellets? There are times I have it at setting 2 with outside temps at 35/40 and a bag of pellets will last 24 hrs, then there are other times I have it on 2 with the same outside temperture and I'll go through a bag of pellets in a half day. I cant for the life of me figure out why it would use more pellets when everything is at the same setting. Pellets are all the same brand too.

I read the manual over and over and cannot find a logical explaination. I also have the draft set pretty much at the same setting. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    My guess that everything is not the same concerning the the houses heat loss or gains on those differnt days if it was a cloudy windy or some other factor acting on the house or if the sun was out it cloud make a diffrence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.