Questions about 25 PVDC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fredbear

Sep 19, 2021
Midwest
How long do/can you run the Englander 25 PVDC without cleaning the firebox?

It's not cold enough here to run 24 hours yet. Ideally I'd like to go 24 hours between shutting the stove down and cleaning the firebox. Has anyone done this?

Are any of you using a UPS, which one? I would like one for when the power blinks, hopefully this would keep the stove from shutting down.

I have the two holes under the firebox plugged with the mentioned hillman plugs. What about the two halfmoon cutouts on the fire plate it's self? Does plugging them help?

Thanks everyone

No the half moons are fine. You should be fine cleaning once a week, as long as you scrape the ashes off the plate when you do burn.

I use a ups, modified sine wave so it shuts down if there’s a power outage. Works on most stoves.

What Ssyko said. I have the stove's bigger brother. I use a 2" putty knife and scrape the burn plate and throw it into the ash area. I scoop the ash area once a week or so, and have done it (carefully) "live."

Eric