1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Quick and Powerful Splitter

Post in 'The Gear' started by hydestone, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydestone

hydestone New Member

My grandfather is unable to swing a maul these days and is on the hunt for a quick and powerful splitter. I checked out a few at Home Depot, Lowe's, and Northern Tool. Does anyone know where a I can buy a nice high quality splitter? He burns about 4 cords of wood per year.

He is in MA.

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
  3. hydestone

hydestone New Member

Yeah, Northern has some nice splitters. There must be another company out there that specializes in logging equipment and has more options tan Northern. Does anyone have any suggestions??
  4. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    What kinda of options are you looking for? Iron and Oak is another splitter co. TCS has theres , there is also Swisher brand , Troy built has one ( made by somebody other than Troy ) on and on and on . I guess i dont know what your looking for other than a powerfull splitter.
  5. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
    Try timberwolf in Rutland, Vermont..

They make a real commercial grade splitter...well built..Will cost more than the others but you can get many features log lift etc...
  6. hydestone

hydestone New Member

Those Timberwolf splitters look unbelievable. No prices listed...I will give them a call to check the TWP-1 and TW-HV1.

I will probably split him 4 cords and maybe a few for myself. I like to hand split mine for excercise but occasional use might be nice. I am sure some cousins or neighbors will look to borrow it from him as well.

Thanks for the advice!
  7. carpniels

carpniels Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rome, NY, USA
    HI hydestone,

There is another commercial wood splitter company near me. They are called americna woodsplitter. Website http://www.americanmsr.com/home.htm

Have a look. I used one and it is a fantastic piece of equipment. Much better built that the HD an Lowes stuff.

Carpniels
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.