Quick Hearth Pad Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
I've had my hearth pad finished-up for about a month and will have some free time to finish-off some of the wood trim around it this weekend and have a quick question.

With the wood trim flush against the tile edges, there will still be some small gaps between the tile and the wood trim here and there and my quesiton is - any harm in grouting between the tile and wood trim to fill those occasional gaps?

Thanks!
Bill

No harm, or you can get a tube of grout matching caulk to fill these areas.

I agree with Begreen. Use caulk. If you grout between the wood and the tile it will probably separate after some heating and cooling. Caulk will hold up much better, more flexible.If it does separate at any time it is a quick redo.

Status
Not open for further replies.