Quick Help - Used Country Stoves S240

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vtburner

Hearth Supporter
Nov 5, 2009
Northern Vermont
I found an ad on craigslist for a Country Stove. Here is the link:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/for/2012855026.html

It looks a lot like the Current Legacy S260, But I called the guy and he said it is the "S 240", and it is 10+ years old. Could it just be the precursor to the Legacy? does anyone have any good opinions on this brand's stuff from 10 years ago? It has the SS Reburn tubes in the top and is EPA certified, but I have no idea if it will be as efficient as a newer model...

Does $600 seem like a fair price/good deal? I'm in the market for a new stove, but a decent used one for a $thousand++ less could do the trick!

Any advice would be great, I'm going to look at it tomorrow night!

The brand has a good rep, but has changed ownership (now Lennox), which might be a problem for parts, service, etc. if that's important to you.

Compared to a lot of other CL stoves, $500 seems fair, if indeed it is "barely used and in good shape. Is it a 6" or 8" flue, and does that make a difference to your current setup?

A friend had that stove in their house. When stoked, that stove really threw off the heat. It is stout and a good heater. Price seems good if it's in as good shape as it looks. The stove is a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.