Quick liner insulation question???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR600

Aug 25, 2014
southern maryland
I just installed my insert with a 25' 6" insulated chimney liner. My question is does the 2' section in the house need to be insulated? I made a block off plate where the old flu was and the little section in the house is what I'm wondering about. Thanks Matt.

nope you can leave it bare

nice job

Ok cool thank you guys. I'm very happy with how it turned out I burnt it this past weekend for a couple hours to cure everything and so far I love how this thing burns. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the gap yet. I new when I bought the stove it would be there the store I bought the fireplace said they could have the surround special made for another 500$ but I can do something cheaper than that. Any suggestions are welcome though.

Reactions: ccg36
Any local sheet metal shop can make you a custom surround, paint it with high temp paint like Stove Bright.

Can you bring the rock down another tier or 2 and make a new lintel?

Man that fireplace was begging for a freestander to be put in it with that kind of height.

Status
Not open for further replies.