Quick question; what do you do (or did you do) for a career?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked as an electrician for the family business from the time I was 16 to 33 years old. Started work as a lineman a little over four years ago. I still have a cube van and do some electrical work on the side, but I don't make much time for that anymore.

So, journeyman lineman and master electrician. I can get the electricity from the substation to the blender.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Worked as an electrician for the family business from the time I was 16 to 33 years old. Started work as a lineman a little over four years ago. I still have a cube van and do some electrical work on the side, but I don't make much time for that anymore.

So, journeyman lineman and master electrician. I can get the electricity from the substation to the blender.
As a kid, I always wanted to be an electrician. I was fascinated with electricity. I am only now learning how to wire things (outlets, lights, panel, etc). I certainly admire what you guys do. Does your employer purchase electricity from Hydro Quebec?

As a kid, I always wanted to be an electrician. I was fascinated with electricity. I am only now learning how to wire things (outlets, lights, panel, etc). I certainly admire what you guys do. Does your employer purchase electricity from Hydro Quebec?

I'm not sure, but I think we do buy some power from Hydro Quebec.

Status
Not open for further replies.