Quick stop at Home Depot leaves the wife shaking her head in disbelief

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
So the wife wants some paint. I drop her off at the contractors door so she can run in and grab it. I'm sitting there waiting glance over and i see it! PELLETS!!! I ask the worker walking by what kind he says Fireside $207. I dont get excited. I just happen to look at my console and there is a Lowes 10% coupon sitting there,hmmmm 187 for a ton of fireside sounds inviting.... So you know the rest of the story already :) i jump out, do the deal, all loaded up before she was done getting her paint. She walks out stops looks i have my head down pretending not to see her she just keeps looking back and forth from me to the ton of pellets sitting in the back of the truck shaking her head.She opens the door and says Your sick! cant you ever just buy a bag or 2! :)

But its a good type of addiction.

Hey at least she did not black your eye or make you walk home.
Keep it up, the big pigs will be proud of you.

I would have responded can't you just go in and buy the paint with out looking at everything in the store ! What took you so long? Its your fault for leaving me alone for that long!

JIBLANE said:
I would have responded can't you just go in and buy the paint with out looking at everything in the store ! What took you so long? Its your fault for leaving me alone for that long!

LOL you know women they cant buy a can of paint like us. they have to match swatches and get colors mixed ( that gave me the time i needed to geter done ;) )

oldmountvernon said:
....i jump out, do the deal, all loaded up before she was done getting her paint. She walks out stops looks i have my head down pretending not to see her she just keeps looking back and forth from me to the ton of pellets sitting in the back of the truck shaking her head.She opens the door and says Your sick! cant you ever just buy a bag or 2! :)

Nice!! ;-)

She should be thanking you for making sure she's warm and cozy... jeesh.

JIBLANE said:

X2 - She should have known better! Also it is her fault for leaving the Lowe's 10% coupon on the dashboard!! Why didn't she take it for the paint!!

After all how can anyone resist $3.74 for those colorful flaming bags. See pic below

Attachments

• FireSideUltraBagSC.jpg
    FireSideUltraBagSC.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 890
Tell her you only intended on buying a bag, but she took so long.....................

Tom C.

I got a similar response yesterday when I came home with another half ton. I hoped to sneak them into the piles in the barn unnoticed, but the Somerset bags stuck out like a sore thumb. My response was 'better too many pellets than not enough'.

76brian said:

Brian your exactly right and she knows this. she likes it hot, she will never complain about buying pellets. Was just funny how it happened. only thing she questions is " where the hell you gonna put these now " lol

Don2222 said:
JIBLANE said:

X2 - She should have known better! Also it is her fault for leaving the Lowe's 10% coupon on the dashboard!! Why didn't she take it for the paint!!

After all how can anyone resist $3.74 for those colorful flaming bags. See pic below

She must be new at this, I bet she sticks with him next time. Our wifey's are well trained. No?

I never get left along in any store where pellets reside! EVER! hehe

You can bet she is gonna tell her friends about that $200 can of paint.

BrotherBart said:
You can bet she is gonna tell her friends about that $200 can of paint.

LOL Bart you believe i had the nerve to tell her WTF 45 bucks for a gallon of paint ! life is grand :)

jdempsey said:

Big Pigs will be Proud???? Hell.... With 9 ton (in one months time) he is a Big Pig in my Book. At that rate he may beat out the big players (10 ton and better).

Got me jealous. I might have to make a trip to Tiffin Oh and get a few ton of the $152 Somersets (about $140 after tax).

Congratulations. Really. You have done good. Great stove. Great pellets. Great post. Thats funny as $hit. My Wife knows better. I come home once a week with a few bags in my car.

With how cheap you guys buy those pellets for it's almost worth burning that vs wood. The cheapest I have seen pellets here is $300/ton. To compare cut/split and delivered cord wood runs $200-250 a cord.

DexterDay said:
jdempsey said:

Big Pigs will be Proud???? Hell.... With 9 ton (in one months time) he is a Big Pig in my Book. At that rate he may beat out the big players (10 ton and better).

Got me jealous. I might have to make a trip to Tiffin Oh and get a few ton of the $152 Somersets (about $140 after tax).

Congratulations. Really. You have done good. Great stove. Great pellets. Great post. Thats funny as $hit. My Wife knows better. I come home once a week with a few bags in my car.

Gotta ask...Where in Tiffin???

Tell her it was either the pellets for $187 or the cute little blond cashier for $200!!

oldmountvernon said:
76brian said:

Brian your exactly right and she knows this. she likes it hot, she will never complain about buying pellets. Was just funny how it happened. only thing she questions is " where the hell you gonna put these now " lol

lol... this is my problem. I want more but have nowhere to put them.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vvt9o4.png just bought one of these but i may get one of those aluminum carports so not putting it up just yet. Im undecided. IF my brother in laws offer to build something it would be a nice barn like Dexter has :) Would be nice to have my backhoe indoors for the winter

Its a "Cleary" building. 30 x 40. Bought it when we had horses. No longer have them. So its mainly empty now. The kits are not that expensive. You could build it yourself. I paid there crew to do it. Took 1 day to build after they set tue footers. For the build and a the electrical contractor. It was in the neighborhood of $12,000 (little less). But worth it.

A kit can be had for around $7,000-$9,000. (That was a few yrs ago).

Attachments

• Back40-2.jpg
    Back40-2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 436
  • Back40.jpg
    Back40.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 419
  • Back40-3.jpg
    Back40-3.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 441
  • Back40-4.jpg
    Back40-4.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 439
JIBLANE said:

last time the wife worked late
she came home to find a new Dodge Challenger in the garage
I told her " you know you cant leave me unattended very long because I will get into trouble

DexterDay said:
jdempsey said:

Heck if your not buying them by the semi load its not worth talking about..............

DexterDay said:
Its a "Cleary" building. 30 x 40. Bought it when we had horses. No longer have them. So its mainly empty now. The kits are not that expensive. You could build it yourself. I paid there crew to do it. Took 1 day to build after they set tue footers. For the build and a the electrical contractor. It was in the neighborhood of $12,000 (little less). But worth it.

A kit can be had for around $7,000-$9,000. (That was a few yrs ago).

Nice setup/spread there dex, You don't fool around! ;-)

I almost bought the focus after seeing yours, But settled on the fusion for my work beater/mini pellet hauler. Think I can get at least 14/16 bags in it. Using trunk-backseat and passenger seat. ;-) O' loving the 33 MPG too! hehe. Peppy little thing! I'll post a picture somewhere once I get my new wheels and wash it! Black(need I say more)!

Status
Not open for further replies.