Quitest blower motors on low setting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blower motor on my Avalon Astoria on low is VERY quiet...at 6-7 ft, you can hardly hear it at all.

What? Hold on, I need to turn the stove down...

The Quad castile is relatively quiet on low, easily watch TV, talk and such. On high it gets a bit noisey, watching TV is doable but I usually turn the stove down to low.

ssman said:
Which stoves have the quietest blower motors when set on low? Which ones are the loudest?
The motor / impeller on my P38 is whisper quiet , that is till I bolt it back on the stove. My point is that all blower fans are probably whisper quiet but the effect of the air velocity on the size/shape/design of the heat exchanger tubes and air flow path creates most of the noise.
That said, I definitely understood what you were asking.

ssman said:
Which stoves have the quietest blower motors when set on low? Which ones are the loudest?

My Enviro Mini is extremely quiet on low, you can easily hear the auger motor run. It also has a feature where you can also shut off the convection blower altogether if you want and it'll still heat the room, can't speak to the efficiency when running like that though.

The quietest blower(s) I've heard are on my dad's Whitfield Quest. It doesn't matter if it's on high or low, you don't hear it running.

My Austroflamm is real quiet even on high.

My Austroflamm is real quiet even on high.
Absolutely correct
That was one of the reasons I got that Stove.
Everyone needs a kick

As the owner of Whitfield stove's and have worked on many types. I have to say it the Austroflamm>

Status
Not open for further replies.