Rattle with Jotul c450 Kennebec

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slively

Feb 16, 2010
MA
the ash pan rattles a loudly and annoyingly w w especially when I run the fan on High. I can often get it to stop by moving the pan slightly or repositioning but it will start up again at some point. I have tried some padding tape underneath but cant seem to find where the rattle ids coming from. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas for a permanent fix?

I kinda doubt anyone has this problem,
because the Jotul inserts have no ash pan.
The blower system is below the ash lip.
If there's something loose down there it'll make a noise
as it picks up a harmonic from the motor...
See if you can isolate it to either the blower being
loose or the sheetmetal around it....

yes , it is definitely where the the ash lip as you call it and the blower system come together. If I remove the ash lip, the noise from the vibration stops, if I shift the position slightly I can get it to stop. I shouldn't have to be fiddling with this constantly.
I wonder if it is a design defect and therefore widespread, OR , a construction or installation issue specific to my stove. I have added bits of sticky felt to all contact points that I can see but the rattle continues. I guess next step is to get the dealer involved

Status
Not open for further replies.