Ravelli Francesca RDS setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manly

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2017
CT
I am somewhat confused by the Ravelli RDS setup. When I purchased my Francesca it came with a set of instructions that did not mention anything about RDS. I set the unit up according to the instructions and it seems to operate fine. I did make air and feed adjustments manually to get a nice feed and flame. Apparently this stove does have the RDS system since it has a MAF sensor in the intake pipe and was manufactured in 2012. The confusion I have is with all the instructions I have found for RDS units shows a different configuration control panel compared to the one on my stove. The stove seems to run fine but I am wondering if I should go through an updated setup process to gain better efficiency. Any thoughts by Ravelli experts is appreciated.

Yes, you should do the RDS set-up, but first you must do a deep clean of the stove, and the flue pipes, so that the RDS set-up is accurate.