Ravelli rv80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Proof of fire come to mind
Welcome to the forum
I do not know the ins and outs of your stove
but someone who does will be along

Hi. I recently purchased a Ravelli RV80. It was working great, but suddenly stopped. No power at all to the unit. I can't seem find anyone here in MA willing/able to look at it. I replaced the fuse on the circuit board, but I can't seem to find any other reset switches. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Did the fuse blow?

Manual says to reset thermostat button 47AE6308-7AAF-4178-87E8-2BB51E445E58.png

Sorry John that’s the extent of my ravelli knowledge. :confused:

Have the ash trap panels on both sides been removed and passages cleaned out.

Last edited:
is there a fuse where the wire from the outlet plugs into the stove?

is there a fuse where the wire from the outlet plugs into the stove?
I could not find a fuse. The plug leads directly into a junction. I cleaned the leads. Thanks for your help. I seem to be paying the price for buying a not so common stove. I did find the store that sold it to the person I bought it from, so that might help.

Make sure that the connectors on the motherboard are seated properly. Did you check the safety thermostat switch, usually located somewhere on the back of the stove. Usually has a round black plastic cover (looks like a tophat), unscrew the cover to reveal the little red reset pushbutton.

Also, there is usually a fuse in the black plastic power block (cord socket, power switch, and fuse) that the line cord plugs into, on the back of the stove. There is a small flat rectangular cover, use a small flat-blade screwdriver to pop it off. Under the cover is a fuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssyko
Make sure that the connectors on the motherboard are seated properly. Did you check the safety thermostat switch, usually located somewhere on the back of the stove. Usually has a round black plastic cover (looks like a tophat), unscrew the cover to reveal the little red reset pushbutton.

Also, there is usually a fuse in the black plastic power block (cord socket, power switch, and fuse) that the line cord plugs into, on the back of the stove. There is a small flat rectangular cover, use a small flat-blade screwdriver to pop it off. Under the cover is a fuse.

Thanks so much for your detailed response. The issue (or so I thought) was the fuse located just below the plug. A shop in NH replaced the fuse. It worked for 24 hours, then the fuse popped again. I replaced that, and it ran most of last night, then blew the fuse after six hours or so. I'll buy some more fuses and try reseating the connectors. Ravelli Corporate actually responded to an email, so I will be curious to see their response.

I do have a manual I found online. I replaced the blower recently with an exact OEM replacement part. I have not replaced anything else. The stove has always been cleaned and serviced in a shop. The serial number: Serial B5U41F180 Y.O.M. 10/2015

Well if the fuse keeps blowing you should follow att of the wires back to the board from each component to make sure there are no bare wires that could touch and that the grounds are all seated correctly. It sounds like a short maybe causing the fuse to go, only other thing I can think of is a motor that’s trying to turn but is bound.

Well if the fuse keeps blowing you should follow att of the wires back to the board from each component to make sure there are no bare wires that could touch and that the grounds are all seated correctly. It sounds like a short maybe causing the fuse to go, only other thing I can think of is a motor that’s trying to turn but is bound.

Thanks. I'll check that. I suspect a fuse. I am surprised at how loosely the wires hang inside the stove. I wish the shop had figured this out. It was a two hour drive to get to the only shop I could find that would service a Ravelli. Much appreciated!