RE: A $1,000 plus saw . . . in action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Took this last week at a fire in the Big City.

Great advertisement for Stihl . . . I was told this is a Stihl 460R Rescue Saw . . . although the pic I saw on line had a special guard and this one doesn't which makes me wonder if either the guard was removed or if it is in fact a 460R with a few "enhancements."

Attachments

• Chainsaw1.jpg
    Chainsaw1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 534
  • chainsaw2.jpg
    chainsaw2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 524
  • chainsaw3.jpg
    chainsaw3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 555
460 are awesome and yes the r is just a gaurd.

Technically, nothing related to chainsaws or cutting wood . . . but I liked these other shots.

Attachments

• firesmall1.jpg
    firesmall1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 471
  • firesmall2.jpg
    firesmall2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 484
  • firesmall3.jpg
    firesmall3.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 468
carbide teeth that tear through shingles (asphalt and crushed rock granules) and nails and hold an 'edge'.
but the edge is never razoe sharp for firewood.
I think the chains are about $200 each for the local FD.

Firefighters are tough as nails and as brave as they come--I'm not sure they'll ever get the praise they deserve.

If you're a firefighter, thanks!

S

The 460 R is their "rescue" saw has a couple features over the 460... been trying to talk the chief into one of those suckers for a while.. :) ( and yup thats the 460r minus depth guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.