1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Re: Apple theft

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by firefighterjake, Oct 20, 2010.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Went to an ATV meeting last night and heard about a trail that was closed temporarily after the landowner discovered two mature apple trees were cut down and hauled off . . . turns out apple wood in my area is selling for $700 a cord for a local place that is making smoking wood out of it.

Incidentally, it turns out the culprits were in a pick up and they were caught . . . cops matched up the cut butt end of one of the trees the thieves brought to the apple wood place and matched it up to the stump.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    Well I am glad to hear the cops got to work and picked up the scumbags :APPLAUSE: :coolgrin:

In another forum I participate on I recently learned that somebody had a break-in at their home and lost a pistol, a shotgun, an I-pad and some other things... This guy had GPS tracking on the I-pad and could pin-point the location of the stolen goods but couldn't get the cops to get off their butts to go get the losers.

Wouldn't you think the cops would be interested in removing a couple stolen guns from the hands of criminals ? >:-(
  3. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    Well that puts having my orchard ripped off last Fall in a different perspective.
    They only stole the fruit, not the whole trees.
  4. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    This thread needs more Mac Book Pro? :lol: