firefighterjake Posted By firefighterjake, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Went to an ATV meeting last night and heard about a trail that was closed temporarily after the landowner discovered two mature apple trees were cut down and hauled off . . . turns out apple wood in my area is selling for $700 a cord for a local place that is making smoking wood out of it.

Incidentally, it turns out the culprits were in a pick up and they were caught . . . cops matched up the cut butt end of one of the trees the thieves brought to the apple wood place and matched it up to the stump.

2. cncpro

cncpro
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 29, 2008
    Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    Well I am glad to hear the cops got to work and picked up the scumbags :APPLAUSE: :coolgrin:

In another forum I participate on I recently learned that somebody had a break-in at their home and lost a pistol, a shotgun, an I-pad and some other things... This guy had GPS tracking on the I-pad and could pin-point the location of the stolen goods but couldn't get the cops to get off their butts to go get the losers.

Wouldn't you think the cops would be interested in removing a couple stolen guns from the hands of criminals ? >:-(

3. billb3

billb3
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 14, 2007
    Loc:
    SE Mass
    Well that puts having my orchard ripped off last Fall in a different perspective.
    They only stole the fruit, not the whole trees.

4. Pagey

Pagey
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Middle TN
    This thread needs more Mac Book Pro? :lol: