Q&A re-brick, new firebrick needed in woodburning stove

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    Expand Collapse
    New Member
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012
    Likes Received:

    I have a 1978 model woodburning stove, made by (Garrison Stove Works) of Claremont, NH model No A53 20592A. The brick have deterioted to a point of being unsafe to use the stove. Question; Where do I get new bricks, and how do I rebrick.


    The firebricks in the stove are called "splits" and are available in most masonry supply yards. They come in two sizes (check yours) 4x8 and 4 1/2 x 9 - both being about 1 1/4 inch thick. They are usually held in just by the ash that has built up around then, and a angle clip on the top. You may have to remove the floor bricks in order to get the side ones out.

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page