RE: Can anyone spot the big mistake made by this wood burner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
Told it before. In the seventies the husband of a guy my wife worked with got fired on a Friday afternoon. Went home and drowned his miseries. And put gasoline on some wood in the fireplace to start it up. Burned the whole end out of a brand new two story house.

Was there gay marriage in the 70's?

maverick06 said:
burned down a trailer. That is doing the world a favor... too bad it didnt burn down the owner too...

Wow. Just wow.

rottiman said:
As Ron White says: "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" Scary part is that they breed too..............

Well you can fix stupid. Unfortunately, you would spend a long time in jail, as a result.

maverick06 said:
burned down a trailer. That is doing the world a favor... too bad it didnt burn down the owner too...

Your comment reveals a lack of judgement commensurate with the responsibility normally invested in professional occupations.

its a comment about general stupidity people.

Its exaclty as you said "Darwin missed another one. "

Thanks for the ridicule in the PM too. Glad you are always serious. Bet I am the first person to make a derogitory comment regarding poor judgement and trailer.

jeez, lighten up......... Sorry if it was too brash and I got you riled up.

This guy must be an unlicensed contractor. I swear I have seen his work around. Would love to see the house he builds. Its amazing these people get buy in life.

maverick06 said:
...Sorry if it was too brash and I got you riled up.

I am sorry for my reaction. Fair winds and following seas.

joecool85 said:
I though I was being dumb dumping a little kerosene or gasoline in a firepit outside (normally 1-2 cups worth at a time out of a metal soup can). I haven't even done that in a few years because I felt it was dangerous...

Yup . . . use cardboard . . . one fair sized box and you can get green wood to burn in a rain storm . . . trust me on this . . . I like fire . . . I mean I have experience with fire . . . ;)

firefighterjake said:
Yup . . . use cardboard . . . one fair sized box and you can get green wood to burn in a rain storm . . . trust me on this . . . I like fire . . . I mean I have experience with fire . . . ;)

I used to work at an ice rink with a HUGE stone fireplace that folks would sit by to warm up. We would take the week's worth of cardboard from the snackbar/maintenance department and use it to start the fires on the weekends. You knew you had a good fire going when people would get up off of the bench (about 6' away from the fireplace) and stand behind it because it was too hot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.