Re: Glasses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake, I'll bet they are not ground properly for you.
My wife had that problem. She spent 4 months trying to get mutifocal glasses corrected and finally went to a competitor and they found the glasses were made incorrectly. She asked for and rec'd a refund and got a pair from the competitor.
The first pair I tried to buy was AWFUL. To see at a distance, I had to tip my head down as if I was looking over a pair of reading glasses. They said "you'll get used to it in a few weeks" Yes, your eyes will adjust to bad glasses but you shouldn't ever need to if they are made right.

Slide8.GIF
I've had some progressives with that near and intermediate corridor rather narrow and had to turn my head to read both a book and a computer screen.
The ones I have now that center corridor is nice and wide and no head turning. I paid extra for them and the only trade-off if I remember right was they were not the lightest/thinnest lenses.

Guess I'm getting old . . . eye doctor said I was right on the cusp of needing bi-focals or progressives . . . said I could go either way right now.

Since I've been having problems reading fine print such as the print on medicine bottles, directions on various products, etc. I opted to try some progressive glasses.

Picked them up yesterday at Walmart . . . but I'm not sure if it's the glasses or just me . . . folks with progressive lens . . . do you have to move your head around constantly to find the right area to get clear focus. Driving home I found myself nodding my head down to see out on the road and then having to lift my head to see the speedometer.

Here at work I can see fine while typing this, but nearby magazine titles require me to swivel my head to the left or right and then look up or down.

I really think I like my old glasses better . . . but want to know if this is just me not being used to the glasses or if the glasses are not adjusted right.

My girlfriend loves my progressive glasses.

Every time she needs something done she says " put on your glasses I need to talk to you " Then she tells me what it is and there I am nodding up and down trying to focus, and if I argue the reply is ' you just said YES " and thats the end of the discussion.

bob

Reactions: firefighterjake
Every time she needs something done she says " put on your glasses I need to talk to you " Then she tells me what it is and there I am nodding up and down trying to focus, and if I argue the reply is ' you just said YES " and thats the end of the discussion.
HA - one more reason to not wear glasses and carry a white cane.:):):)

My girlfriend loves my progressive glasses.

bob

We had a fire inspector who was going deaf ... or at least was having trouble hearing well. I went out with him a few times and caught him nodding yes a few times to questions that were clearly supposed to be "no." Turns out he often nodded yes if he couldn't quite make out what was being said ... shortly thereafter he broke down and bought some hearing aids.

Saw a licensed optician the other day ... she is exploring some options ranging from bifocals to digital lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.