Re: Kinda sorta hearth and woodstove related

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good to know.

Do you recommend that a water fire extinguisher be kept nearby for the wood stove?

Good to know.

Do you recommend that a water fire extinguisher be kept nearby for the wood stove?

ABC dry chemical.

Ugh - I finally checked my extinguishers. I have one of the plastic-handled ones.

I'm thinking a better quality brand might be a good idea anyways. Amerex? Any recommendations?

Ugh - I finally checked my extinguishers. I have one of the plastic-handled ones.

I'm thinking a better quality brand might be a good idea anyways. Amerex? Any recommendations?

Honestly I'm not really sure if any one extinguisher is better than another . . . but if you want an upgrade I would go slightly bigger and get one with a metal handle as technically these can typically be recharged (although if many years have passed the cost to refill, recharge and do the pressure test may make it unfeasible financially to refill.)

I've received two new extinguishers from this recall. The new ones have a metal nozzle and metal pull pin.

Reactions: Ashful