I'm pretty happy to have finished it . . . in fact I was so happy and pleased with it that I didn't even finish putting away my tools in order to snap some pics . . . since I know you guys are into the woodshed/woodpile pornography! The details: 12 x 20 feet in size . . . longer rather than deeper. I went with this size partly because I wanted the extra space to hold more wood than I anticipate using and partly because the footprint of the shed fits neatly over the space where our very large home-built swingset used to sit. The base: This area tends to get wet in the Spring so we went with a raised woodshed. Cinder blocks (or stones) are located every 6 feet over a foot or so of gravel. When possible the cinderblocks on the exterior matched up to where the concrete footings for the old swingset were located. Our property is situated on a little bit of soil with ledge underneath so having the frost heave this structure (or any other structures -- such as my other two sheds) should not be a real issue. I went with cedar wood for the base frame. The walls: Originally I was going to go with the normal 4 x 4 or 6 x 6 posts on the corners with the sloped shed roof, but then I realized I had a pretty decent source of wood with an old camp that I was intending to tear down eventually . . . so I spent some time tearing down the camp and reclaimed some good (and some not so good) rough cut 2 x 4s, a few 2 x 6s and a whole lot of boards. I was able to use these rough cut 2 x 4s to form up the majority of the back and side walls. I did end up buying some new rough cut hemlock 2 x 4s for the front. The walls were buillt in sections so that the corners are in essence 4 x 8 beams and on the back there are two 4 x 4 beams in the "middle" . . . one 4 x 4 beam in the middle of each sides and in the front "wall" there are two 4 x 8 beams in the middle. As you can see I left a gap between the beams in the back and sides to allow air flow to move through the stacks . . . enough to allow air flow but hopefully keep snow and rain off the wood. The roof: My original plan to use the aluminum sheeting from my camp was changed when I realized I would still need to buy several more sheets of aluminum and the aluminum I had was full of nail hopes and tears which would mean a lot of chaulking. Instead I went the "cheaper" route with regular asphault shingles, but I did "cheat" a bit by also using some asphault shingles that were on the camp which were still in decent shape. The roof isn't very pretty since it's now multi-colored brown and white with black splotches from the tar used to seal the nailholes -- but frankly I don't see it so I don't really care . . . it's just a woodshed.