1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

RE: Not sure if it's me . . . or the site

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by firefighterjake, Oct 30, 2013.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Usually when I am checking out threads I just hit the back button at the top of the page and it brings me back . . . but sometimes it doesn't do anything and the only way for me to get back to the main topics page (i.e. The Hearth, The Woodshed, etc.) is to click on the pics on the top.

Any ideas why this would be?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    My guess is that it's local on your computer or the local ISP cache - because that type of activity does not come back to our server and issue a new request. In other words, that old page is still on your puter...and you paged back to it.
  3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Test test test
  4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Member

Loc:
    South-Central Pa
    I also have a situation that I don't understand. Every page I open seems to be in a constant state of loading. What I mean by that is the little green circle in the tab is constantly spinning. This doesn't seem to slow things down or stop me from scrolling. It just seems odd that the page never seems to finish loading. This is the only site where this happens. ;?
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    In my experience, that is usually something from an external site - we use google ads, google analtytics and quantcast measurement. It's possible one or more of them is doing that.
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    My original issue seems to have fixed itself.